Sunday, August 23, 2009


Here's a screen cap of what I'm working on right now. If you squint and look towards the lower right, you'll see the line art for an elf squatting down and holding a bow. :3
I wanted to get more of the background established before I start painting the elf. I'm trying to get better at backgrounds and all that jazz.
On the right side is some color swatches. The pic was supposed to be really green, but since my last painting was really green and yellow I decided to try a hand at more of an autumn color theme.
When I started working on it, it dawned on me how ominous it looked so the foreground is going to be a bit more creepy and spooky the farther away you get from the sun light.
The dark shape in the bottom left will be water.
The photo at the bottom right is a reference photo. I'm not copying it directly, but it is there when needed. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment